Saturday, October 13, 2007

(Some of) the men in my life. Past, present, and future.

Yes, the names of the men have been changed. I'm mean, but i'm not that mean.
Locations have also been changed.

Ex Boy: Ex of the most recent vintage. Broke my heart, and took most of my self confidence. Am torn between how I now feel for him. Goes from fondness, to anger, to sadness. Hopeful that one day we may be able to be friends. Belongs to the small group of men who know me intimately.

Jake: An ex from my past. One of my best friends. Known one another for almost ten years. One of the most, reliable, genuine men I know. Always there when you need someone. Over recent years he has asked for me back. Being one of the only decent, genuine men in my life, couldn't bear to lose him as a friend if it went wrong, which, quite frankly, it would.

The Pilot: Friend of Mr P-S's. Incredibly tall. Incredibly handsome. First thought upon being introduced to him? 'You're out of me league'. He went on to get my number from Mr. P-S. Wanted to take me away in his private jet. Amost died when his girlfriend (yes, girlfriend) called me in the middle of the night, telling me she knew he had been talking to me. I sound confused enough when woken by the phone in the small hours, I sound even more confused on the phone when I receive a phonecall from the girlfriend of the man who had assured me he was single.

Freddy: Friend of the Ex Boys. Would tell me over and over how I could do better than the Ex Boy. Very sweet. Too intense. A little creepy. Would have done anything I told him to (this is not something I admire, or find attractive in a man). Would turn up at my house unannounced.
Stayed in touch until he moved away, and dissapeared off the face of the earth.

The restauranter: Foreign. Looks like Oliver Martinez (see Unfaithful for references). Would send me romantic messages (which I could never understand) in his native language. Is now shacked up with a serious girlfriend.

Mr P-S: The older man. The much older man. Great fun. Referred to as "Grandpa" by most of my girlfriends. Still incredibly fond of him, despite him being one of the biggest serial seducers I know. Probably one of the only men I know that could charm the pants off a nun. Perhaps my fondness for him comes from the fact that he was able to give me some of the confidence back that the Ex Boy had taken. Whatever anyone says about this man, no one can take away the fact that he is able of making you feel like you are the only person that matters when he talks to you. I still smile when I think of him.

The celebrity (1): Boyish. Fame has most definitely gone to his head, which is a shame, as I fear, when it does finally fade his sex life will be non existant. Has no wit and no charm. Not very intelligent. Good looking none the less. Not my tyope. Nothing more going on than text-tennis.


James: Another one i've known for many years. Older than me. I fancied him a life time ago, when he didn't fancy me. Then, very cruely, years later, he would end up fancying me, when I would no longer fancy him. Another of the very few decent, and genuine men I know. Reliable in a crisis.

The much, much, much older man: A very good friend of my Fathers. Asked me out behind my Fathers back. Licked my ear, when I tried to (innocently) kiss him goodbye at a family function.
All water under the bridge now though.

The one I thought was my sole mate: Never in my life had I believed in sole mates until I met this one. The first man to embody everything I had ever wanted. Shared the same taste in just about everything. Finished each others sentences. He lived at one end of the country, and I lived at the other. I heard from him less and less, until I found out he had met someone.

The bad boy: I figure every girl must have at least one bad boy in her past, and well, if she hasn't got one in her past, she will almost certainly have one in her future.
Exactly twice my age. Has been in prison for drugs and GBH. Not a nice guy, but, intoxicating. Someone I keep at a distance.

Harry Thwaites-Newton: Another one to add to the 'decent and genuine' list. A good friend. A man, who in my opinion any girl would be lucky to have. Marrying material. We go between good friends, and fancying one another.

The Celebrity (2): A player. Very good looking, and charming, which in my experience, almost always equates to being a player. We too are playing tex-tennis. Again, not at all my type, but will probably end up being a friend.

The One Who Said He Loved Me: Very short story. We met when I was trying to move on from Ex Boy and very we very quickly fell for one another. He told me he loved me, and promised me the world. Knowing I was used to little affection from Ex Boy, he would shower me in it.
You can imagine what a shock it came to me then, when his girlfriend (why say you're single when you are not boys?) rang me and threatend me with every horrible imaginable act if I weren't to leave her boyfriend alone.

No comments: