Monday, June 29, 2009

House Wife.




I've turned into quite the little house wife recently. Unable to engage in what I would normally, and feeling largely under par seems to have brought out my inner house whore.
In the last three months alone I have:

1. Picked lavender from the herbaceous border to make lavender bags.

2. Baked countless cakes, cookies, pies &c. Most recent victory includes lemon tart. After using 14 oz of sugar and 7 eggs to make it, I decided against a slice.

3. Spring cleaned my bedroom. This includes: filing every Tatler, Vogue, and Harper's I own in chronological order; clearing out everything that had taken place under my bed for the last five years (always a traumatic task); replacing old bedding with new lovely Cath Kidston bedding; categorizing my DVD collection by genres, and then into alphabetical order; then, finally, putting all loose photo's into appropriate albums.

4. Attempted to make my own rose perfume from manky old rose petals found in garden. Suffice to say, I didn't get far.

5. Made bread. From scratch.

6. Bought old fashioned cookery books.

7. Become obsessed with River Cottage. Such a useful programme.

8. Sorted out all my underwear. Mostly my collection from Agent Provocateur. It would appear I have quite a nasty habit for the stuff. A habit of about £5,000 worth. Most upset that the majority of it is yet to be seen by a boyfriend.


Tomorrow, I make jam. Strawberry and gooseberry.

P.S. I also bought peonies today.

No comments: